R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Racing with a Castle sensored 4 pole ?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 03:30 PM
Phantom56
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Zinergy
Yes, but they specifically state "Not for use in 4x4 SCT". I know companies put warnings that are conservative. But they need to have some alternative for 4x4 SCT guys wanting to run sensored motors in 2s config.
Exactly.

The Team Durango DESC10 can easily come in at 7.5 lbs. It's basically the DEX8 Ebuggy with added truck parts. I've only heard of one track out in Texas that allows 3s in Pro4 racing. Everyone else on the planet is stuck at 2s. Very high current draw that demands high quality components and batteries. The more efficient the power system, the easier it is on everything down the line. I've got a friend who actually went back to the DESC410 because the DESC10 was killing his electronics.

Castle has always been known for their high power and efficient motors. It's only natural that us PRO4 guys would look to Castle for a solution.

I'm not being hard on you guys Mr. Castle, I know you've just now entered the fray that is 1/10 racing. I was just pointing out a serious gap that could be filled in the future. Because of this gap, I unfortunately had to close the Castle website and open the Team Orion one. You guys are definitely moving in the right direction though!