R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Body Repair/Reinforcement: Shoe Goo Alternatives?
Old 01-15-2017, 07:06 AM
FunnieKid
Tech Regular

I use E6000 myself and it works good. I am experimenting with different glues and according to Pattex (a part of Henkel which also sell Loctite), Pattex 100% is equivalent to E6000. Even Pattex Liquid seem similar according to product descriptions as Shoe Goo.

I am thinking about getting some builders glue e.g PL600, alot cheaper and bigger container and according to product descriptions, it "bonds on any material and stay flexible and manage -40C to +100C.

Various "universal glues" which stays flexible after drying and bonds to leather and rubber also seem similar to "Shoe Goo" and "E6000" and other "Goo" specific products.

I tried a cheap contact adhesive on a body, it was beige color and it sticked pretty well to the surface. How ever the glue is still sticky after 3 days and too flexible my liking. But as a last resort regular contect adhesive and drywall tape will hold the body togeather. Also the glue was hard to apply since it was so silmy and didnt really adhese on the drywall tape unless covered entierly.