Old 01-15-2017, 06:32 AM
howardcano
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KoroKoro View Post
You've been working on that since 2015. Have you sorted it all out yet?

Regarding the electronics, I can manage sourcing parts and soldering... its more schematics and software i'd need help with. For data collection, you don't you use an automotive crankshaft trigger wheel? That should give you plenty of resolution. Hal effect sensors are very easy to set up.

After a quick look through those photos... I hope you're getting a bigger flywheel lol You need a much better bearing supports as well. If the flywheel isn't dynamically balanced then you will destroy your motors bearings. I too am not a fan of the belt or gear drive either. direct shaft drive is the way to go
Actually, a better description is that I haven't worked on it for the last year! Everything except the flywheel and mount was done a long time ago.

Yes, the new flywheel is bigger than the Robitronic, and will require a support in addition to the motor shaft. That is all addressed in the dyno thread.

You'll need to set up a suitable sensor for a brushed motor. The Hall sensor/trigger wheel sounds good, or you could just use a cheap/used sensored brushless motor for the sensors.

If you want to pursue this, we should move our conversation over to the dyno thread.