R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Are you dissapointed with your ntc3 ?
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2005, 12:01 AM
ntc3freak
Tech Elite

Originally posted by three50zx
First off want to say hi, as this is my first post on RC-Tech. Here are a few things that I did to make my NTC3 beefier.

Things that I’ve changed:
1. Changed bottom front pivot ball to Mugen MTX3. Thread diameter increased from 3.2mm (AE) to 3.9mm (Mugen). I got tired of them bending after a light rub or even breaking. Haven’t had one break or bend in about 5 hours of racing.
2. Changed the front lower hinge pins. Diameter changed from 2.75mm (AE) to 3mm (Also Mugen MTX3). This little increase in diameter has done wonders. Just like the pivot balls I’ve gotten approx 5 hrs of run time and no bends.
3. To help eliminate the slop and eliminate changing out the ball cups on the steering linkage so frequently, I replaced the ball end and cups on the steering hub side L/R. I now use the rear turnbuckle eyelet and balls in those locations. I have been using same eyelets for about 4 months of racing.
4. Instead of purchasing “the fix” I slid 2 pieces of 3/16in.tubing through the shock tower holes and screwed in a 1 ½ in. 4-40 screw to the gear box.
5. Also changed the CVDs and now use the TC4 HD CVD (ASC31034). CVD diameter changed from 3.85mm (ASC3888) to 5mm (ASC31034). Direct replacement no mods needed.

The rear of the car is very stable since the revision to the Version 2. I am very pleased with this car and very confident every outing. It is impossible to make a car battle-proof. I would love it if AE would come out with beefier upper and lower arms in addition to beefier hinge pins and pivot balls of their own. NTC3 is still competitive in my opinion that’s why I went through so much trouble to get this car race-proof. In addition to all the changes made to the front end of the car I also cut the manifold 11mm, top end speed as well as speed through the rev band has increased noticeably.

brilliant!!!!