R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Radio, speed control questions
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2005, 10:00 PM
DrOlds
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

All of the Tekin ESC's have internal diodes and caps.They also have 6v 5amp BEC to the servos.You'll really like the G10.Tekin is also selling leftover G12CIII's on their site for $60-also a great speedo-a little big by today's standards but there is plenty of room for it in a truck.Airtronics servos are a little pricey but they are worth it.I have 2 better Futaba's and all the rest are Airtronics-never had any trouble with either but the Airtronics are just a little "sweeter".I used a 94738 in my xxxt and liked it just fine.I have had some std and digital Hitec servos and didn't like them much.I don't think you can go wrong with a 3PK or an M8.I think the M8 is probably the most popular and it would come down to which one felt best in your hand.(I'm still using a 3PJ) I don't like using rechargeable batteries in my radio and have gone back to running alkalines.Nicad/nimh cells are 1.2v and alkalines are 1.5 so they start out fully charged at 9.6v instead of 12v so you have to charge the radio batts before every raceday-if you forget to(like I did a lot) you end up putting a set of alkalines in it to get thru a raceday.They are cheap at Home Depot/Lowes and mine last about a month.Hope this helps.