R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC EB48.4 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 03:40 PM
MattDub
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hello Cain,
To obtain the highest durability we chose 100% nylon on the arms and unfortunately the shrink rate with this material is somewhat high. We worked with manufacturing to try to eliminate the need for reaming and could not come up with a solution.

Glass filled arms (that many other manufacturers use) require less reaming but are not as durable. Hopefully, the increased durability outweighs the need to ream the arms.

I personally use the chainsaw file with a drill, others like the hudy reamer or the #19 drill bit. It's mostly personal preference. 5/32 chainsaw file is 3.97mm and slightly smaller than the 4.0mm hinge pin. Recommend moving the arm around a little while using the file with a drill. This will help enlarge the hinge pin hole slightly. Goal is to enlarge the hole just enough for the hinge pin to fall through by gravity (and maybe a slight tap) alone. Reaming it too far will cause excessive slop in the suspension.

Originally Posted by Cain
If I am reading this right, it looks like the chainsaw file is smaller in diameter than the #19 bit.

Of the two options, which is better?

I have a reamer but it does take a bit to work it through. To be honest, still kind of surprised that this is still something that needs to be done on version 4 of the buggy.

Lastly, what is the diff between the one referenced and this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Oregon-32-Inc.../dp/B000IC26XE