R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 racing new F1
Thread: 3 racing new F1
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 10:41 PM
v_squared
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VegasHB
Well I think given the speed people are seeing out of 17.5 and 21.5 motors nowadays it was a progression to keep the racing closer and speed within reach of newcomers. We're seeing lap times within a second of the quickest 17.5 TC cars at our track. You start putting more power into a RWD rubber tire pan car and it becomes too difficult to drive. It was meant to be a fun class with a scale look but we know how that goes after while in competition.

Remember when F1 was first coming around it was't abnormal for people to run gyro's in them until tire technology caught up and allowed for better traction.

UF1 rules still allow the independent suspension which a lot of tracks follow but indoor carpet traction negates the advantage you see with the FGX in favor of pure speed and efficiency.
If that was truly the goal then going to 1s would achieve a better result. I have done the experiment my self. These cars are especially hard to drive in lower traction condition. Running 1s greatly reduce a lot of the initial torque that makes these cars hard to drive. It also feels a lot more like silver can motors with 1s.