R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Old TC Cars - Still Racing Competitively
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 01:45 PM
gigaplex
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Radi0Flyer
That's what I paid for it at the hobby show in Toronto the year it came out! Now I feel old...
Mine came with the Supra body. It was a very durable car but it was a tank on carpet. About in the same league as a Tamiya TA03 Pro. About a half-dozen of us bought those Yokes at the show and that was the beginning of our TC class. Back then we ran 6-cell with 27T stock motors so the speeds were low. Heats were 8 minutes so that should put it in perspective. I sold or traded that car after the winter carpet season to fund a Serpent Impact for gas on-road. The only reason I would want that car back is as a shelf queen. I reserve the right to be wrong but I don't think it would be competitive against even a sorted TC3.

Here's a badly neglected TA03 Pro that I picked up some years ago.

I painted this up for it...

...but it doesn't quite fit right. (front clearance) I don't really want to race the car as parts are not that easy to come by. I guess I'll get another body and shelf it. Who knows, it's not a pristine example so it might see some drifting use in the future.

BTW, this is an awesome thread. Is there a pool for betting on whether Bert's car actually hits the track or not?

Sean
He hit the track last week I believe. There's video footage from 360v2 available for those who are curious.