R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya XV-01
Thread: Tamiya XV-01
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 12:44 PM
Raman
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by haplm
Guys, I have a question. Over the weekend, I have realized that my camber links are much higher on the side of the chassis compared to the stock car. That's because balls for the cambers links are mounted on top of the upper plate, which in turn goes into rear diff housing, omitting the plastic part where you normally screw the balls (and which puts them like 10mm lower).

So, my links instead of being lower on the side of chassis, compared to the hub side, were higher there, so they were slopping towards the wheels (instead towards the chassis). As far as I can find, this is definitely not recommended, as it brings very weird handling.

Since I can't fix the chassis that quickly (although I will, eventually), I have decided to fix it for now by raising the link on the hub side to the point when it is no longer lower than on the chassis side. It looks like this:

It is fairly rigid, and I have used very good and long screw, so I'm not really concerned that it will come off (or wiggle). I'm more interested in your opinion regarding whether this is a good solution, or if I can expect some side effect (and what they might be).

Thanks!
are you able to install the inner link under the carbon piece... Could by a better option than raising the upright with those spacers