R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2017, 05:33 AM
latentspeed
Tech Regular

My review.

Built this car last month. Should have come with washers for several places. Gearboxes had a bit of play between the ring and pinion and needed an extra washer. No matter how hard I squeezed those two together there was still play. Front and rear arms needed some too. Otherwise the car will be too aggressive. Axles also.

Center diff had internal gears not freely turning when screwed tight. Loosened it up a slight bit and the diffs were free, but then leaked. Needed to get extra diff seals to fix that.

With the outdoor setup, the front camber links had to be tight. I can't get more then -1 otherwise the turnbuckles dig too deep into rod ends and prevent it from moving freely. Rear turnbuckles have the opposite problem as if they will fall out of the rod ends if I crash.

Steering is so responsive I had to turn down the servo to 6.0v. Decreased radio's steering response too. Think I'll go back to 5 5 5 on diffs as it had a more predictable rotation then 7 7 5. Overall I like how it handles. Good car. Just wish the plastic gearboxes and hubs were made with greater precision or came with washers, and proper length turnbuckles.