R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 05:39 PM
Andy63
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ponchota
Hi guys, I'm new to RCT and I'm diving in head first. I fly helis at least try to and fly quads, hexs etc. I used to race many years ago back when there was really only Tamiya and Associated RC10s. I have the urge to drive again.
So I bought a really nice 2014 BD7 Black Edition roller with no electrics. I know this is gonna upset a lot of people but I'm gonna be running it in parking lots and the like. I discovered recently that I live in the land of no tracks, ANYWHERE! I love nice these luxury cars ie. BD7, T2,3,4 etc. and if I can't run on a track I still would like to enjoy a nice TC.
My question is what is a good motor/esc to get and gearing. I want to be able to go fast. I apologize for being long winded.

Hello! Welcome to the car part of r/c!

I would first of all recommend tou change the spur gear and pinion to 48pitch instead of standard 64pitch. Pitch stand for how far and big the gears are compaired to 64pitch wich is much finer and more sensitive to small rocks and bits.

If we are talking parking lot, i think all of trackstar esc, motor(red can with no holes in it) and nanotech batterys. They will get you up to speed fast. Dont forget to buy program box with your trackstar esc if you buy one so you can fine tune it.

As to what hearing depends on how strong motor you want!

Good luck! Cheers//