R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - WANTED - Novak Rooster 12T ESC $/or Teikin M-Star ESC.
Old 01-01-2017, 04:21 PM
rcmadkiwi
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I get the logic but I'm restoring vintage buggies & was after an upgrade for an older Rooster. Can't have a chassis that has a great racing heritage along with some of the fastest brushed motors made & use a budget or modern ESC. I'd much prefer not to buy new if possible but if nothing is forthcoming I might take the plunge & buy another brushless combo for the Optima & run it with lower spec 2S lipos I already have. If I can locate a M-star or even better the gold it'd be the perfect end to a custom vintage buggy build. I missed one on eBay just before Christmas & have been kicking myself ever since. It's not like I need something immediately to make something run that I want to use so will keep this thread active over our summer & then look at what's needed. Hopefully by then I will have sold a few more vintage Tamiya unused shelf queens & will have the finances required to buy new if that's what is required. Unfortunately I live outside of the USA & that seller doesn't want to send it further.

Edit. ta man, if you'd read the relevant information you would've realised I'm not after a crawler speed controller. Been there, done that, too slow & far too boring.

Last edited by rcmadkiwi; 01-01-2017 at 06:21 PM.