R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Sanwa MT-44 4-channel 2.4GHz radio system
Old 12-29-2016, 10:32 PM
Nezil
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm cautious to draw too many conclusions from the data, but I'll state what I think I can see:

- The MT4-S is indeed faster than the MT-4, across the board in fact, with a fast as you can get with 1.5ms neutral pulse width speed of 2.6ms
- The MT-S is basically the same performance as the MT-4S, and though it is the replacement of the MT-4, performance wise, it's the equal of the MT-4S
- Oddly, the SSR mode in the MT-S appears to be slower than SHR mode. I can understand the MT-4 result here, because the radio seems limited to ~191Hz for both SHR and SSR, but that isn't the case for the MT-S. I'll try to measure the MT-4S in SSR mode tomorrow and see if this has similar results. I wonder if this has been deliberately 'hobbled' to make the M12 more competitive!
- The MT-44 is only faster than the MT-S in SSR mode, which is un-usable for most servos (and ESCs). The MT-44 is undoubtedly a nicer radio than the MT-S, but just don't expect any performance benefit unless you're using a narrow pulse servo
- FH4T Mode is faster than FH3, which appears to be limited to 3.0ms in SHR mode

As I said, still a few holes in the data. I'm really hoping to see the M12 and M12S have faster pulse rate in SSR mode. There's room for improvement there, but I've not seen a compelling reason to use SSR mode in all the testing that I've done so far.