R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2016, 08:45 AM
Thunder Trail
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

All good info. 3.0 chassis and the plastic chassis braces. The plastic braces are a blessing. One time install. They don't have rod ends to break and seem to be one of the better updates on the 3.0. truck. I use the aluminum MIP braces. Still find them for sale even though they have been discontinued.

I still run both 2.0 and 3.0 trucks and they are so close in lap times. The 2.0 with 3.0 front suspension has turned out to be a great rig. I would not hesitate to keep running the 2.0 and update with 3.0 parts as needed. Kinda the same thing many people did with the 1.0 truck.

Best parts from 3.0 are front suspension, A arms and 15 degree plastic carriers. Next would be all the rod ends and the balls from the 3.0 as well. Then uprights/hubs front and rear. After all that, I would look at a chassis. So far the 3 degree kick out on the motor has not helped me, but lack of track time in winter keeps me from final testing of the feature. Last thing is 22 shock upgrade. While the shock bodies and such are a better design, IMO the buggy springs are holding it back. I'm using 2.0 springs, custom adapters for the collar and the 2.0 spring cups with some dremel work to remedy this. It works great! Read about that in 3.0 thread.