Old 03-27-2005, 10:04 PM
rcguy2477
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by SpeedDesignz
I was reading a thread about this somwhere else. and somone said

"it looks like one of those cheap electronic fishing games you buy at wallmart"

and that is so true

I'm sure the quality is there in the unit. But honestly it looks extremly cheap. And that 1 factor will actually keep some people from buying it. Besides I don't see this thing being any competion for the big 3

M8 track proven
3PK Futaba quality
Ko Helios ( which is the radio of choice right now)

all of these radios can use the spektrum technology for around 150 bucks. Which may have had a few bugs in the beggining but if Top level drivers are using them, they can't be that bad. I don't see spending all that extra money for a few features that I'd probably never use anyway.

$150 Spektrum for me.
Just because it doesn't look like a "normal" radio makes it look cheap? Nomadio didn't want to just be just another radio, they wanted to set themselves apart from others. The current style of the controller was ergonomically designed so that it would feel good in the racers hands. Who races while looking at their controller?

I can guarentee that it will put up some competition for the current systems. With the option for the user to download off the computer, the possiblilities are endless, unlike other controllers that don't have the possibility to upgrade the software.

As for the cost:
3pk=$340
Spektrum=$150
Total=$490

Sensor=$499

The cost of the Sensor also includes the speed, voltage, and temperature sensors.

With this being said, who wouldn't pay the extra $10 for a ton of more features?

Last edited by rcguy2477; 03-27-2005 at 10:14 PM.