R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 06:02 AM
snwchris
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racingnewb
I am torn between getting the 2017 xb4 and the new b64d. After reading the above 17' xb4 link I am thinking about canceling the b64d pre order and pre ordering the new xb4. That 17'xb4 ad is a good one it has me sold. I like the look of the lay out and the ease of maintenance. Maintenance is not my favorite thing and the easier it is the better for me. I also like the chassis braces which look like a easy quick tuning option. I run on clay tracks and summer time run on pretty smooth clay/dirt tracks if that makes a difference. Is the 16' xb4 better for the above tracks? Thanks for any advice, I don't wanna buy 2 4wd buggys so I want to make the right choice the first time. I don't want to get the b64d and wish I would of just got the xb4. The way I see it is you can't go wrong w/ the xb4 and your taking a chance on the b64d since it's not proven.

I bought the 16 XB6 about 4wks ago and the car flat out perform. One of the better kits Ive put together as well, no issues with fitment and no having to ream holes in the arms, everything fit together good and smoothly.
I race on high bite indoor clay tracks and it only took a few setup changes and the car is on rails for my driving style and I also chose to go with the Center Diff vs the slipper.

When I built the car, I went off a setup sheet based on what was close to my track style and what I found on Petit RC database. The next week out I made couple small changes and even more dialed.

True, not many LHS carry Xray parts, but most racers I know and myself usually carry our own parts anyways for the main or typical items that I would believe to be vulnerable.