R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB2 2WD Buggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 08:50 PM
symmetricon
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAE
I haven't tried shortening the front links yet... Hmm. Tried the rear without the front a long time ago. Liked the turn in but buggy seemed to have strange flow to the whole range of the turn, and also lost a little traction. albeit this was with the dirt edition. I love them short on the front of another buggy. Felt a lot more locked in. Regarding toe, I felt 3 was the minimum with the bumps recently on my track... thx for the suggestion! I almost sold the buggy before adding the zero slot ackerman arms which gave me just enough to keep, given the buggy was so easy to drive. Lap times are fine in qualifying heats, but in races there are are few tight corners where i can get taken on the inside line. Regarding the front links, is it preblematic to have short links on front but longer links on the rear? thx sir
Yeah, I don't like going less than 3 deg of toe... Also, with this car I have found I prefer shorter links front and rear, it helps the car stay flatter and make it more reactive. And also adding the aluminum rear hubs allows you to shorten the wheelbase which help the car rotate better and it also make the car more reactive.

It was confirmed to me that the xb2 aluminum rear hubs allow for an additional 2mm of shimming, the same as the xb4 hub. I would use the XB2 hubs so it isn't necessary to widen the track with to keep the drivehaft ends from bottoming out in the diff outdrives...