R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo YZ-2
Thread: Yokomo YZ-2
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 02:26 PM
the incubus
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RobsRacin
I Felt like the plastics were really soft and I never got the feeling that I bottomed out a screw like on other kits, The heads on the screws also seemed pretty soft, and there is a small amount of play in the rear arms. I really like the design of all the components though. Only other downside is I cannot find a place to mount my 30 mm motor fan
This is news to me. I have 2 kits and they are among the best I've ever built.
Associated, (Pre & Post Thunder Tiger), Team Losi, TLR, Tamiya, HB, Hobby-Pro, Serpent, Bo-Link (yes I've been at this a while LOL), Kyosho, Durango and I put the Yokes right up there with the best of them. Of all the kits I've ever had the pleasure of building and running though, I'd have to say Durango is tops in every category. Precision unrivaled in my experience and the plastics ultra-rigid and maintain their form or snap and I find their robustness quite adequate.

The Yokomo is probably one of the more durable kits I've ever run which adds to it's appeal for me, but part of that is due to the plastics being rigid enough to keep them from snapping from the slightest taps. The only other car I've had this durable was my 410 even with the more rigid plastics. I plan on running Yoke for some time to come so long as parts support remains or grows and the price doesn't jump higher. There isn't a single"luxury" kit out there regardless of how hard some try to peddle their product and as such they shouldn't include a luxury tax. These are toy cars that go way faster than their parts can withstand in the event of an impact or odd landing and as such, certain parts are, or should be consumables with price points representative of that.