R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RC Crew Chief Software
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2016, 05:29 AM
BobW
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WagwanBumba
Hey Bob!!

Looking for some extra tips using the program. With cars having some arm sweep/in-board toe, which value of chassis suspension mount point should I pick?

e.g. i have an Xray T4 but should I choose the inner arm position on the basis of the FF or FR position and same goes for rear?

Also any tips when using progressive springs? Should I look to use the compressed C value of the spring?

Thanks!
Adding Front arm sweep will change the wheelbase and ackerman. So 1 deg of rearward sweep will reduce the wheelbase by about 1mm. It will also change the angle of the tierods similar to adding a 1mm shim to the ballstuds.

The T4 model provides different locations for the inner hinge pin positions (X1, Y1 value) which assumes the positions for the front and rear inserts are the same. The position to pick for sweep would be the average between the front and rear insert. So for example if the front was in the -1H and the rear was in the +1H the average would be 0mm so you would select the 0H position. Some combinations will require you to add other positions using the Chassis Manager. In this example the 2mm difference in inner arm sweep would create about 3mm change in wheel base at the end of the arm. The ackerman would also be affected by the 3mm.

For progressive springs all you can do is use the average rating. So if the spring is rated 2.5-2.8 create a new spring in the chassis manager and use 2.65 for the rate.