R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Testing - What's better? Lets do some science, and share the results.
Old 12-17-2016, 01:01 PM
30Tooth
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
No it doesn't. Not in the way you're thinking of anyway, and you've pointed it out in your response. 99.9% of drivers will not have a data acquisition system available to them, or the data scraping skills to use that data to make decisions.

Further, I have actually raced with some guys who have full scale experience. One guy in particular I have seen running a super stiff chassis, and his car was really good, but his base of knowledge was vast in both rc and full size. I'm not sure what he was doing would be the best solution for most rc racers who didn't have his frame of reference. That's why development has gone the direction it has for cars available for retail sale.
Not in that way, when I meant know the suspension is roll distribution which you can do using a spreasheet. One end rolling more than the other means the end that rolls more will twist/flex the chassis right? Get the roll centres to do a handshake and flex becomes less of a influence.
For example last week, the less flex I had in the motor mount area the more consistent and true to the geometry I choose the car behaved. With flex I was chasing my tail so to speak. YMMV