R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 11:52 AM
Slapjack
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pville Stig
That would have to be one hell of a hit to cause that much damage. Someone is not telling you everything.
I pulled the rest of the car apart last night and everything else is in very good condition. And I still don't completely understand what's up with the barrels not fitting in the cv ball at the end of the drive shaft. Its just weird that that piece deformed but I guess if it was jammed into that bearing it could have caused it. The left side was the worst along with the bent hinge pin. The right was slightly tweaked. And I did find a notch out of the left front arm next to the hinge pin. So I am assuming he clipped something with that side and tweaked those parts. But I am redoing the whole setup back to box specs. so I will catch any other issues that may have been caused. But so far the rest looks good.

Just a couple quick questions.
1. the internal ratio on the XB4'16 is 2.5 right? I am thinking I'll start with 13.5T and get the center diff (81T spur) and start somewhere around 7.0-8.0 ratio.. sound about right?

2. I am going to run on clay so I ordered some medium side braces. Do you think I should also get the medium center chasis braces or stick with the hard for now and see how the center diff and med side braces do? then go from there.