R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Novarossi engines thread
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2005, 05:39 PM
teammpp
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Need the info...

Originally posted by ApexSpeed
Hey guys, I'm hoping you can help me out a bit. I just picked up a brand new Novarossi RS-12 S1 and I am trying to find out about it. It was too good of a price to pass up, so I figured I'd buy first and ask questions later. I can't recall hearing anything bad about ANY Rossi motor, so it was a pretty good gamble.

The motor box says 2003, so it goes to reason why I can't find any info on it. It's a 3-port, SG crank, purple head (I think standard plug), and that's about all I know on it.

Can anyone shed some more light on the details of this motor? Is is more suited to one type of track than another? Anything special I should know about it? It will be going into a short track dirt oval car, too.

With it being a motor no longer made, what P/S/R are best suited for eventual replacements? I think I may know where to find some RS P/Ss remaining out there, so I may pick those up just in case.

Looking forward to your input,

doug
Palmaris BRB P/S sets will fit straight into to. The RS engines were good overall and should be quick on any track type. Im running a RS12 with BRB set and its still as quick as anything else on the track.