R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR SCTE 3.0 Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 11:08 AM
wittyname
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

[QUOTE=lyons238;14765454]i have the hudy book already...and it opposes what the TLR article says...

the hudy book states that raising the inner camber link lowers the roll center and increases body roll - but the TLR article states that lowering the inner camber link provides more roll.

can you shed light on that? im going with my gut and what i've always known that raising the inner camber link lowers the roll center which in fact increases body roll.[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by lyons238
thanks casper, you have always been a huge help and an asset to the community. you helped me with my tlr cars back when.

thanks frank, you have been a great help as well.

i kind of figured that instead of giving in general terms what the changes do he was giving specific information about the chassis. and also like i said before sometimes when you say this change "stablizes" the rear end, sometimes that means it can stabalize the rear end in corners but actually makes the rear end looser on straights, so descriptions require much context to make total sense.

however, typically i always think that raising the inner link will make the car roll less, no matter the chassis and thats why i was raising a flag just to make sure for myself and for others.

THANKS GUYS!!
Something seems off here ...

what you have always known and what your gut are telling you seem to be opposite .