R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Spec racing ....
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2016, 08:56 PM
jlfx car audio
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy
That is part of the reason to just leave it alone. Although I have been in this hobby for 30 years, I have only been racing 3 or so. But I have never seen any spec class suffer from low turnout. So obviously it is kind of working. There are just a bunch of people complaining about it. The same people that don't run it. Maybe they would if it was "fixed". But what would they complain about then?

The tires wasn't a wear issue. The foams inside the tires just fell apart and bunched up to one side of the tire. I can get traction out of a tire, I cant make foam stay together. If they allowed or used a closed cell foam then I would run the class.
The foam is what I'm referring too . A good setup will keep it from happening as quickly . The tire rolling over on corner entry is what's eating up the foam. The rubber seems great . And when you have the car setup correctly you will see that the rubber will swell up then the inner 1/3rd will get a ring around it and that's why they are done . Like I said Matt lyons ran 6 10min heats at the southern nationals (1st)
Then I ran them for 3 club race days (3 6min heats + 6min main) (+ several test runs of 2-3min each)
Then Cleveland champs I ran the same set all weekend and finished 11th (so 5 runs @ 5min each + 10 2min sessions of practice ) my front left is now starting to get soft .