R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Will 21.5 Brushless be the new stock?
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2016, 07:01 PM
ta04evah
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex
I wouldn't say they're trying to cram anything, they've taken several polls and the majority seem to be leaning towards a control motor. And now it's up for vote, and if the vote doesn't pass, they're not going to force the issue.
At first I was for it, but then against it as it seemed to be something rushed through before the end of the year.
Also there was no information about the selected motors at all, no brand, no model, no data on the testing, no information about what fdr would be used at each given track.

When I voiced my concerns, I was used as an analogy, and lectured that the hand out motor proposals was aimed at racers like me.

Yes, I am a "budget" racer, but I still say a handout motor (21.5) won't make any difference when you have other racers using $800 chassis's (yes plural) and an Ogio bag full of gear, including multiple body shell's to be used as a "tuning aid", various speed controls, the latest batteries, and enough option/spare parts to open their own hobby store.

As for polls showing that a majority want handout motors, the polls were badly wrong at the recent US election.