R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 10:30 PM
Skeeter36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Callaway
Thanks Frank. I know it's difficult to give a recommendation like this, but I think it helps. Oh, and my skill is not that high: got into this about two years ago, run on carpet at our monthly club race, and I've ran on clay about 6 times. I'm mixing it up with guys that have been doing this for quite a while, if not their whole lives, but I can't touch one or two of the young fast guys when they are on. Well, one of them I can't even touch when he's having a bad day! When I do well, it's consistency not speed. Even if I podium, usually the next 3 or 4 after me have faster laps and sometimes a faster top 5 laps.
Honestly, there is no substitution for track time. I see guys all the time with big wallets buy the newest, sweetest car money can buy and they still aren't good. On the flip side we have an older gent running a tlr 2.0 and runs top five in 17.5 every weekend cause he is solid. Never lays down blistering fast laps but is on pace and never crashes. You wanna win, run 6 min practice sessions at pace without crashing and there will only be a select few that can touch you.