R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 08:24 PM
Callaway
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank Root
I'd say its more in the .2-.3 range of difference... maybe more of less depending on driving skill and styles. I do think that laydown is probably more likely to be an improvement in spec classes over mod classes, but the mod drivers are also more likely to be the ones with the skill to pull the extra time out of a laydown. Without knowing your exact skill and track grip/layout type, it for sure makes it hard to say which way I would recommend.
Thanks Frank. I know it's difficult to give a recommendation like this, but I think it helps. Oh, and my skill is not that high: got into this about two years ago, run on carpet at our monthly club race, and I've ran on clay about 6 times. I'm mixing it up with guys that have been doing this for quite a while, if not their whole lives, but I can't touch one or two of the young fast guys when they are on. Well, one of them I can't even touch when he's having a bad day! When I do well, it's consistency not speed. Even if I podium, usually the next 3 or 4 after me have faster laps and sometimes a faster top 5 laps.