R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 08:21 PM
DJPod
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MNiceGuy
At any rate, TLR is in a tricky situation here. On high-traction surfaces, the original car is good but the laydown is the one you want.
Originally Posted by Callaway
The only place I think a laydown is a big difference for a guy like me is on carpet... I speak from experience! It really transformed me from a bottom of the A-main or even getting the bump from B guy into a podium contender at my local carpet track.
I agree, I seen it at our carpet track. Now I am way back in the pack since I am one of the few remaining with a standup transmission.

Originally Posted by Callaway
The old laydown kits aren't sold out everywhere yet. Go grab one!
Maybe I am too stingy, but I still do not consider $180 an economical option for me. For now I am considering other options...

Does anyone know if there are any 3D printable lay-down transmissions? I know there are some for the B5 on shapeways, but couldn't find any for the 22 3.0. If not, I am going to try to design my own lay-down transmission that can be 3D printed at an economical price.

Originally Posted by tsair
How long before we see transmissions mounted on some kind of "eccentric ring", allowing you to infinitely adjust the height and angle between the diff and the motor.

VDT: Variable-Dialed-Transmission
I like your acronym VDT, I also thought it would be cool to have a transmission that could "transform" from a lay-down to a stand-up to make it a bit easier to go from carpet to loose dirt.