R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Little aero secrets
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 11:01 AM
theVetteman3
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
Thanks, I appreciate it and means a lot to me.

Air trapped under the body can only be stagnate or create lift (if it's the same speed as the outer air). That's why we have a rear bumper opening to let that air get out and create a little suction, not much and if the front splitter and side skirts would do their job and cut most of the air getting in then that difference in air velocity (or speed) would be greater and if the rear spoiler created a suction that would suck air from the bumper opening now that would be a team working together (there is enough data on the pics I posted to help anyone achieve this ). If you need help just post here I'll do my best to help.
Yea I hear what you're saying. Also as I'm sure you already know there are certain race cars and road cars which have blown diffusers with fans to increase the flow velocity and help increase the downforce they produce. It would be interesting to see what aero tweaks could be done with the cooling fans we run. It would be really nifty to have the fans channel air past the ESC and motor and out the back in such a way that the flow does something positive for the car's handling.