R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Castle Creations Mamba X
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 10:19 AM
Slap
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robert@castle
Have you tired firmware version 1.80? We found a startup bug in 1.77 that caused stuttering and cogging at low speeds. From firmware 1.77 on we have removed all current limiting code from the ESC. It should be able to put as much power as your batteries can provide. In our testing of 1.77 we wanted to ensure that we pushed as hard as it could to see if it would catch fire in extremely bad setups. Out test setup for this was to put it in a Losi 5ive-T on 6s powering a 2028 motor. The ESC would thermal in about a minute, but it survived and for that minute the car drove exactly like it did when powered by an Mamba XLX on 6s. When we needed a bad setup for testing 1.78 on the XLX, we used the same car on 8s2p but taped 15 pounds of lead bricks to it.

If you are getting bogging off the line with 1.80, I'd have a look at the datalogs to see if your input voltage is dropping under high loads. If you want the most power possible, make all the the wires as short as you can, and run an external cap pack on the input to the ESC. This will help the voltage as stable as possible.
Didn't know this update was out I'll have to try it out thanks luckily I still pulled off the win this weekend lol