R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Sworkz S35-2E 1/8 eBuggy
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2016, 06:14 PM
MrBones22
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Update on my S35-2e findings.

For the last few races of the outdoor season i drove the buggy with the setup that Mxr33 posted, and the car felt really good, except the rear droop he used (115mm) wasn't enough for the track conditions / big jumps, so I went to 120mm and that seemed good for medium to low grip tracks.

So far I've only had one issue with the buggy, and that was in the Main at the Ryan Lutz Hometown Shootout (of course at a big race...). I got tangled up with another driver after a big triple and was facing backwards when someone way overjumped the triple and lawn darted my car right on the rear shock tower...when I went to pull away it was clear there was something wrong. After the race I found that the huge impact at the rear tower must have flexed the chassis enough to pop the short rear center dogbone out. as far as I can tell the chassis brace isn't cracked and nothing else is wrong with the buggy. It was a very weird situation, and the car that landed on mine was coming down from a 3/4 throttle 30ft triple jump, so I'll chalk it up to a fluke.

After some time off of racing, I'm a couple races into the indoor season over here in Ohio. Still using Mxr33's slightly modified setup, except I went to the next stiffer swaybar in the front due to a bit higher traction. and after the 2nd race weekend I felt the car was good but could get a bit squirrelly on braking from a fast straight so for this week I went up to 10/10/5 diff fluids (up from the kit 7/7/3) and found that to stabilize the car quite a bit and it felt really good. Our local indoor track is 70/30 mix of clay/dirt so it's mid to low grip depending on the water situation, definitely not like a full clay track, so usually a outdoor type setup works pretty good.

Still really happy with this car, and I've had a lot of curious onlookers checking it out...One of the local fast guys said "it kind of looks like a Mugen, but nicer". I got a good laugh out of that.

Also, I should mention that when I changed the diff oils, there hadn't been any leakage from the diffs. I think the diff gaskets are really good...they feel a lot softer than your typical paper type...almost like there's some rubber infused lol. Whatever the material is, it's working very well.

Last edited by MrBones22; 12-17-2016 at 06:48 PM.