R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Will 21.5 Brushless be the new stock?
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 11:43 AM
imprsme
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jiml
I'm not running 17.5 I began boycotting touring car when the car prices reached $400. Now they're over $500.

I run VTA with my TC4 that was my touring car back in the day. I do reasonably well and have fun when I race it. I'm not going to win, don't have the skills any more, but as long as it's fun, I'll race it.

The nearest carpet track to me is 360V2. A great track run by some of the best people in the hobby. They don't run VTA, but they do run USGT. I did get a body, and I have a 21.5 motor to use.

However, one racer, who's opinion I respect, has stated that USGT is the new stock. Not just 21.5 TC. If that's true, how can I expect to compete with brand new Awesomatix cars racing my 16 year old car? All of a sudden, the fun is gone.

Here's a question does this also mean 21.5 12th scale?
I don't understand your logic. First you say you know you can't win, but as long as you are having fun you will race.

So why worry about what car everyone else uses. Run your car and have fun.

You also said cost was an issuse. Ok if you are happy with a 16yr old platform. Then you can surely pick up a used Awesomatix,X-ray or some other chassis that's 3-4 yrs old for a little bit of cash.

Then you are in a car that's very capable of getting you right back to racing and knowing you aren't going to win but are doing it just for the fun of it. Now only with a kit that's not so old.

Right where you are now, maybe even in a little better position with the newer chassis.