R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Can San Diego support an R/C Track?
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2002, 09:18 AM
Boomer
Tech Elite

A- it would be racers opening the track - bonus #1 (previous attempts included those who were not racers. . .)

B- it would be responsible people opening the track - bonus #2 (I can only assume responsibility based on the success and upkeep of this site. . . and previous attempts have included those who definitely were not)

C- no hobby shop, parts, etc. . . - demerit #1. We have seen a number of tracks around here that failed, in part, because he had no parts and racers had to leave to get parts - Corona's BW Raceway, ShoTime Raceway in Riverside, among others. In looking at racing, from a business standpoint, the track alone lacks support - which comes from parts. I would highly recommend at least having a partnership with a hobby store nearby that could set up a "booth" in your track for common parts.

(another idea that some of us had been tossing around - how about a vending machine with arms, etc. that are the common breakage. . .)

D- AMBrc - bonus #3. I just love these little things. Are you planning on going with JLap? I think it's much better than the other system (SoCal uses the other system. . .I have the demo of JLap here. . .I like it better. . .)

Price seems cool, esp with three heats! Me Like That. Flexible classes - that means you will get us, from SoCal, at least periodically bringing our Pro10's .

The farther north in San Diego, I think you'll get more of us from up North (I think Sherm is North of SD. . .) and, since there isn't much 'cept TJ South of SD. . .well. . .

Anyway, I think you score three bonuses and one demerit (or whatever) in my book, just on the surface. . . GO GET 'EM!!!