R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 04:52 PM
jcsfearless
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by likea45
I'm not sure with the geometry of this buggy how the wing is rubbing the rear wheels but make sure the wing mounts arent bent and secured properly.
As for the motor, on a freely spinning drivetrain the motor should be coming off under 120 unless there is an issue inside the can (bad bearing etc), or the motor timing is set too high. Do you know what your can timing is? People are always quick to assume the motors are to blame when their car is "slow" but most of the time it's indicative of a larger issue. Beyond the transmission, did you check the dog bones and axels to make sure they are spinning with no binding? Sometimes even a blown or improperly seated bearing can cause the motors to overwork.
Barring all of these things, I would see if you can borrow any other 17.5 from another racer and see if the car does the same thing. If so you know it's in the car.

My stocker is in standup 3 gear geared 69/32 and my motor comes off about 109* at 45* timing on a medium indoor clay track. Hope you figure out the issue.
The issue was the timing. It was set way too high. Yesterday I turned it down to 4 degrees in the esc and timed a run for 5 minutes. I don't have any jumps but I basically pretended like I was going around the track on my street. It was cooler outside than it was inside the track so I'm assuming it contributed but my temp when I was done with the 5 minutes was about 115 degrees. This was also run using my 30 tooth pinion as well.

I don't have a motor analyzer so I will have to do some trial and error to find a decent spot for timing.