R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 4pv
Thread: Futaba 4pv
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 12:26 PM
Eddie_E
Tech Regular

It's here and it's great so far. I raced WGT-R yesterday with the new 4PV and I'm really happy with it. The backlighting was good on the display and I was really happy to see the D/R display on the home screen, as my M11 used to drive me nuts when I had to scroll through 6 menus to see my D/R setting.

Steering feels great and the radio is light weight but really well balanced in your hand. The wheel drop is a little less than the M11, but with the better weight balance I adapted really fast and I wouldn't change a thing.

Navigation was somewhat easy to master and I only had to refer to the manual once for binding.

4 NiMh cells weren't enough power for it. Disposable alkaline cells worked fine though. My plan was to run 2S lipo. The manual only lists 2S LiFe as an option. I can't tell if it's a voltage issue or just lawyers being paranoid after watching Samsung phone lipos burn. I have a few A123 cells laying around so I won't be the first to try a lipo.

As usual for Futaba, the throttle has to be set to reverse before esc calibration.

I'll be setting up my 2wd buggy on the 4PV next.