Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Raman
My carpet set up for tonight was

Front 60 wt with Red (soft) springs, Shimizu Racing 33 with sweep hard insert
Rear 60 wt with Blue (firm) springs, Shimizu Racing 30 with sweep hard insert

Camber front -1 º
Rear -1.5 º
Toe -1 º

Battery - Short LiPo all the way forward.
Sauce - SXT 3.0, full on rear and half on front

There was no race so I basically practiced. I started out with -1º camber all around with 0º toe out. Car was very consistent and appeared that it could easily carry more speed through the turns. So I moved the timing on my motor past the 45º mark and the lap times dropped from 18s to 17s. I next changed the camber and was able to get even lower in the 17s. But was not able to break 17. I next tried a different set of front shocks that had 0,5mm less length than the kit set up (less droop) and that appeared to do the trick.

My best lap time was 16.9 and I was able to hold the throttle at full going from back straight, into sweeper and horse shoe. At each corner entry I would let off the throttle, turn the wheel and get right back on it. Car remained planted throughout the turn.

I also tested the car with a full length LiPo. The weight of the larger battery made the car more edgy and less tossable. I was able to eek out the same 16.9 but found it a bit more difficult.

I also had the top driver / sponsored driver at the track to give my car a go and he was not able to break 16.9 himself. I asked him what he would change, he said.. nothing.. the car is dialed in.. keep doing what you are doing.

He was blown away with the car and the corner entry speed.
Great review Raman,
thanks for posting your setup!
Really intersting with the small length change in front, and your choice of tyres! I never tried the shimizu slicks, but I already heard good things about the Mini treaded tires from them. Why do you use Sweep inserts? Because of the 1 pc. design?

And I know you run brushless nowadays, what engine and turns/ESC do you use? We have some discussions in our race class at the moment, I just collect some posibilities about engines and ESC´s, which are usable for M06, too. I find too much torque is maybe not the best option for driveability of the M06, and will favor the FWD´s even more?

Br and fun with the new setup,
Matthias