R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray X1 - Formula One Car
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 12:38 PM
chensleyrc1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Useless RC info
This might have been covered here but I can't seem to find an answer.

I have a 2015 X1 and the front camber isn't the same when I place the same spacers in both sides. I'm using a Hudy setup station to check the camber angles. I have checked all the bushings and related ball joints, measured the distances with calipers to the centerline of the car to the kingpin hole on each side but for some reason I just can't seem to find where the discrepancy is. I read on here that this chassis is subject to tweak so my next step was to take off the wheels and tighten it up on a setup board but, I have almost a full 1 degree of camber difference side to side before this. In order to get the camber the same, I needed to use the two dot on one side and the one dot on the other. That gave me a 2 degree setting finally.

Also, I have made sure all the spacers on the kingpin are identical with calipers.

Any suggestions at this point are welcome. It's just driving me nuts trying to find the issue.
I run the 15 as well and noticed it too. I found I could get it close by loosening the front end screws on the top deck and moving it around until it is close, then tighten the screws.