R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB2 2WD Buggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 02:49 PM
tony montana
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBMaster
Not gonna lie, I was very nervous taking my '17 CE to the track last night. I had issues getting my 22 3.0 lay down working on our med grip indoor trac. However, this thing was a freaking beast, absolutely love the car. First off the only non kit part I choose to go with was the CF chassis. With this and my setup they car already handles better than my buddy's '16 DE!

I don't believe the car needs the brass rear hangars or the optional steering block extensions. The car has a few tuning options I'd like to explore, but I can tell you I'm running the gear diff with 5k oil without any issues. The big key I've found with running a gear diff on a loose or med grip track it to run a much looser slipper than normal. As with other cars I've had to pre-compress the slipper spring to be able to get to this setting. I'll be putting together a setup sheet for everyone after this weekend's race, but in the mean time feel free to ask any questions and get your kits on order!
I came from the 3.0 laydown as well, and had the same experience as you, my car is all stock except I added the ball diff