R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2016, 07:40 PM
HotRod127
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I put the 3 gear laydown in the RB6.6 right off the bat and I love it. I have a little bit of Tebo's surf city setup in it and a little bit of my own based off the track I run only cuz I didn't know what to expect never owning a Kyosho. This car worked right off the bat.
Now the TLR 22 3.0 laydown I just had not too long ago was really good too, but it just was never consistent to me or my driving style. It felt like I was always trying to find something better, or it pushed too much or it had no forward bite. It was always one thing or another.
First night racing the RB6.6 and I was confident with it, way more consistent, easier to drive and I was way faster with it first night than I was weeks with the TLR. I didn't have to really work that hard or stay on my toes like the TLR.
I have drove the B6 3 gear laydown that other guys at my track have enough to know that on power with the shocks forward is a little different to get used to and there are just way too many things that you need to do to make that car work, flat arm this, gull wing this, or gull wing tower here, shim the bulkhead this or do that, dremel this. Just build it, throw a setup on it and go and that's what the RB6.6 is good for in my opinion.

I don't want to start a war or anything so hopefully nobody takes offense, but this is just clearly my opinion.