View Single Post
Old 11-25-2016, 09:20 AM
1/4milecrazy
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 190mph View Post
Free Market Capitalist Society. Customers can choose where to spend their money. It is actually up to the manufacturers and hobby shops to change the way Great Planes Model Distributors operates with Tower Hobbies as their retail arm with the same warehouse and some sort of advantage cost basis and they could in many ways, not the customers, but yes support your local if you can.

But I know one thing is Tower and AMain do give excellent customer service and are supported for that.
Well the problem is that GP has control over the hobby shops, both with supply and through tower hobbies. It's a monopoly. When AE dropped the part number for the B64 I went right to GP to pre-order. Number did not exist on the GP site, but search for it on Tower Hobbies and there it is available for pre-order.

Luckily for us we are also and HRP distributor and GP lost a big sale because of that. We ordered 10 cars from HRP. HRP even called the store to confirm the order. GP finally has them available for pre-order, as I just checked right now.