R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2016 Child Christmas Truck Giveaway- KIDS FOUND!!
Old 11-23-2016, 02:41 PM
Seether
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default 2016 Child Christmas Truck Giveaway- KIDS FOUND!!

WE HAVE ALL THE KIDS WE NEED GUYS!!

MY ONE AND ONLY PAYPAL FOR DONATIONS IS

If you send a donation via Paypal, Please put What your RCTECH name is in the comment section along with "DONATION" or I will not be able to tell your donation on the site or even what it is for

2014 Revisited for new donators in post #3

2015 Revisited for new donators in post #5

We are getting an early start for an ambitious goal of multiple kids! Please only donate what you feel you can or feel good about donating!

What to donate?

1. Kind Wishes of Merry Christmas
2. Money Via Paypal to buy trucks
3. Parts for Towerhobbies Cutback 4x4
4. Lipo's or Nimh's Even slightly puffed will be ok for low amp pulling trucks.
5. Any type of Lipo charger.
6. Any type of radio's
7. Tires for 12mm hex SCT trucks, New or used

Hey guys, This year I am looking for ATLEAST FOUR Children under the age of 12 to give an RC truck to. I would prefer to get a mix of boy's and girl's.

This year we will be giving away the Towerhobbies 4x4 Cutback, At $249.99 its the best brushless 4x4 deal available for kids to learn on, couple that with Towerhobbies offering lifetime replacement on all plastic parts if broken this makes it the perfect truck.

TO ENTER PLEASE FOLLOW THESE RULES.

1. Have your child write why they want an Rc truck and what they would do to take care of it. This will be used to determine who gets the two trucks so please make sure to do this part. **THIS MUST BE WRITTEN IN THE CHILDS WRITING, Parents may help but not write it for them**

2. Please take a photo of your child holding his or her letter (This is to confirm that a child is getting the truck and not someone who just wants a free truck.)

3. HAVE FUN, This is all about getting a younger generation to participate!

4. HAVE FUN

5. Please upload both photos to this thread or send them in a private message to myself.

6. Myself and another member (Hotrod87 if he agrees again) will decide between the letters we get who wins.

7. Dont be disappointed if your child is not picked. I am going to try to get enough donations for smaller prizes also along with more trucks!.

8. The prize is a RTR Towerhobbies Cutback 4x4 SCT.

**Below is the 2015 Pledge**

Hey guys, My name is Todd and I organized an event were me and about 25 other guys raised over $400 to buy two little girls a RTR sc10 2wd a thunder power ac6 lipo chargerin 2013, In 2014 we were able to raise almost $1500 for 7 kids! In 2015 we were able to raise almost $2000 for 10 children. Each kid has been a huge success for myself and this drive, Nothing makes us happier then seeing kids get involved in a hobby we all love!

How we picked what children to donate to was we had a contest were each kid under 12 had to write a letter to the forums about why they wanted the truck and why they believe they should have it. We picked two of the most worthy we felt at the time. The letter had to be written by the CHILD, and the child had to hold up the letter for a photo so we could eliminate people who jut wanted a free truck. This was to make a child's dream Christmas to come true AND to bring a younger crowd into RC because as you know kids are our future in this sport.

Some guys donated tires. Some lipos, a lot donated cash. We stressed we did not want people to feel they had to donate and to only donate what you could afford to.

This year along with the online drive I would like to take this local and we would like to raise $1000 to donate 4 more truck packages of everything listed above.

Again I really want to stress I'm not asking for people to donate just because it's the time of the year I really only want you guys to donate what you want to make a kids Christmas dream come true. I don't want people to feel obligated.

I personally will be donating $50 regardless if I get the donations to do it or not so at least one child will get a new truck and hopefully pass the good fortune on later in life when they can.

Here is a link to the thread on the forums were we raised our money last year. It contains tons of photos of them both opening there trucks along with the letters. And thank you notes from the kids and parents. We really made a difference last year and I would truly love to do it again this year.

Each and everyone of you guys on the lists below are amazing and I thank you form the bottom of my heart!

Donators Listed Below

Total Donations Received - $900 / $900

I just want to take a moment and say you guys amaze me so much and appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.

1. David Wythe - $100

2. Konasubs - $10
3. Jason Kusnick - $15
4. Stephen Parks - $30
5. Tim Lamon- $20
6. Rebecca Dominy - $10
7. Chris Arnold - $10
8. Kimberly Williams - $50
9. Chris Browning - $10
10. Reid Asamura - $25
11. Phillip Hepp - $40
12. Jerome Palmer - $20
13. ToyZuki Fabrication - $50
14. David Peterson - $50
15. Gen Sapalicio - $25
16. Donovan Bremer - $20
17. Tim Lamond - $20
18. Jacob Nelson - $20
19. Dave Cates - $20
20. Casey Wright - $30
20. Kyung Kim - $25
21. Gabriel Fulks - $25

Children and Letters Selected Below

#1 Mackenzie Wilkins - (Rctech - Stoopideric)

Truck ordered!!

#2 Avery Williams Whitaker - (Rctech - rcaddiction)

#3 Madeline Villagomez-Gordon - (Rctech - thumper_pa)

Truck ordered!! Tracking # 1Z1Y697W3676298560 UPS

#4 Lily May Sykes - (Rctech - Stevensykes)

Truck ordered!! Tracking # 1Z7AT8790272514010 UPS

Last edited by Seether; 01-18-2017 at 08:11 AM.