R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TAMIYA M-06 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2016, 11:33 AM
Raman
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Thanks to posts made by the butcher and hprt... I decided to dust off my M06 and take it with me yesterday to the track (indoor carpet) Unfortunately there was no race to for the class.

The last time I ran my car at the same track it was pretty dialed. Yesterday it was all under steer as hprt had posted. So I had to make lots of changes to get steering back.

First was the obvious tyres. I run Pit Shimizu racing inner mesh series, which range in shore from 24-40. The letter H is for sweep green hard insert and S is for sweep pink soft insert.

I started out with 30H in the rear and 40S in the front. Which was creating the under steer. So I switched to 36H and steering improved. I also had pair of 36S which I did not end up testing.. I also moved my shorty pack all the way forward.

I next switched springs in the front. Originally had the yellow m chassis springs (white with yellow marking) that comes with the optional dampers. These are actually shorter than the kit springs that come with the M06 Pro. So swapped them out for the red kit springs and steering improved. Next I increased front camber to -1° and once again steering improved.

The last change I made was the rear track width. I removed the 5mm hex and went to 4mm.

All of these changes resulted in drastically reducing under steer. I was now able to navigate the track with ease and be consistent.

I was also able to carry maximum speed from back straight into the sweeper. I did notice a little bit of underrated at the centre of the sweeper.

For next week, I plan on trying out 33 or even 30s in front for more steering. Hopefully I have those in my spares at home.

The one thing I have not experienced with the M06 is off throttle oversteer or corner entry or mid corner oversteer. So the stiff set up works really well for me.

Last edited by Raman; 11-26-2016 at 07:09 PM.