R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Canadian Buyer Rant
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2016, 06:38 AM
racer1812
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slammed80
Hey guys,

Just a rant about being a Canadian and trying to buy good quality used parts and cars through this site.

For the first time in almost a dozen transactions I had a seller flat out deny selling me an esc after i sent payment due to my US mailing address not being on my PayPal account.

Now this isn't the end of the world for me as I will move on and find a buyer who wants my money. My problem is that I sent him a PM before sending payment explaining my situation including telling him that my verified address in PayPal is in Canada. If he had read it, he would have been able to say that he wasn't willing to ship to my us address and save me the hassle of waiting for a PayPal refund. All I got was a PayPal email saying my payment was refunded and a short pm saying that my us address wasn't on file.

I have tried adding my us address to my Canadian PayPal and it won't let me add it.

I know that guys have been burned by scammers etc.and that's why I always email or send a pm asking if the selling party is willing to ship to my US mailbox.

What else can I do as a buyer to get people to ship to my non verified address?
Find sellers FOOLISH enough to do so.