R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB2 2WD Buggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2016, 06:49 PM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony montana
Couple of questions, has anyone had the front hinge pins slowly work there way out? Seems like the 1.5mm screws that hold them in place do not seem to cover the hinge pins enough.

- problem since inception. Shim them with a small washer. Kyosho make one that fit perfect.

Also, does xray make a aluminum shock caps for the car? Also I'm running the rear shocks on the front of the rear arms, what i get more rear traction running them on the rear of the car?

- people used exotek. Stated that were subject to leakage. The kit can get cross threaded easily. Buy extra. Soak oring in shock oil before installing

One last question, the carbon fiber chassis says it's supposed to increase traction, anyone confirm this and does the carbon chassis bolt right to the 17 edition car?
I answered your questions in the body of your email above...

Also, Xray factory carbon adds a lot of grip. I can attest to this. 16-17 same chassis. I've run mine 5-6 times with it and it was night and day different in medium grip clay. The other aftermarket brands are the opposite, they take away flex. I have a loaded 3 gear laydown xb2 loaded I may be selling with carbon if you're interested in a laydown capable of lower grip. Been too lazy to list it. The carbon enabled me to run the laudown with shocks in front with a gear diff on medium bite. Btw - if you can have adequate traction with shocks in front, I find that is the way to go. Way better rotation.