R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Seller refusing refund
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 07:34 AM
TheJigga
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Default Seller refusing refund

Got a truck Wednesday. Went to the track right off the bat to see it run. Got there and put the motor in and setup everything to hear the diff screech as soon as I pulled the trigger. Local pro said it needs to be replaced. Well great.

So I go home and decide to rip it apart and make sure everything is even there. What I find is a bunch of missing parts, missing screws, and broken parts that he conveniently left out pics of. So I make a list of all these parts and the total jumps to $118 in order for me to get it to the state he said it was with included parts. I offer him to pay a refund of $60 and I will pay the rest to fix it.

He responds with he found some parts but from what he's saying that he found it's only going to reduce the price of what I need to buy by $18 and that it's used and I shouldn't expect it to be perfect and that he would send the parts he found. He also said he would pay a partial refund for a new diff and the part(as if it was just one) that's missing so he must of had an idea of parts were missing because he asked me for a parts lists even after I sent it to him but knew something was still missing. By the end of the message he tells me he's not refunding my money after I took it apart because I must of been ok with it to take it apart. I could of dealt with just a diff rebuild, I'm not dealing with having to pay over $100 just to get this truck to the condition he said it was in. At that point I could of just purchased the kit and used electronics I already own.