R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - VBC Racing D08
Thread: VBC Racing D08
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2016, 06:33 PM
Heathen
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tlp
Hi All,

Just wondering if there is a known moulding issue with Silver compound steering block (part# A-03-P30898) I am finding that the holes for screws seem to be different slightly and you can only tell by fitting screw as the tension will be different. Now why I am raising this is that I purchased a second hand car off a friend and on the RHS knuckle the top seems loose and LHS knuckle the bottom feels loose. At first I thought it was stripped (being used) however I have just built a brand new kit and find it’s the same so this has lead me to believe there may be a tolerance issue in manufacture. The problem I am having is that the RHS camber link, I cannot get good tension on it as I tighten ball end on grub screw. So if that makes sense has anyone else experienced this?

TLP
Originally Posted by tlp
Opened a brand new spares packet and you can see a visible difference, measured at several points with calipers and measured up to 2.55mm, the smaller of the holes measured max of 2.30mm so for me this affects the 2 x kits i own and also spare parts packet. I also had some old D07 blocks either V2 or V3 and they are not quite so noticeable to the naked eye but they do measure to be larger as well but only up to 2.45mm vs 2.30mm. in summary there is a variation in the two holes on the steering blocks (top or bottom dependent on which side they are fitted) Looks like a worn mould tool which has deteriated over time perhaps
I use a tooth pick to put a but of thick CA inside both sides and then I let it dry. This Gives the screw lots of material to bite into. They last way longer too.