R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Any Word on a New AE 4WD buggy?
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2016, 10:39 AM
wittyname
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boborc
Well they have to pick someone to crap on, so you think it should be the consumer,ok I see your point, but they will not see my money anytime soon. Been wanting a 4wd buggy for over a year but have been waiting. You know the old saying any day now. The B6 is out so I will not buy a T5m until the T6 is out. Still running a 1st gen T4 but I will not get burned again. So do they really win, I'll pick up a used one if I really want cause I'll get it for 1/2 price but they still don't get a sale from me. Now if I knew there was a new release in say March I would hold up and wait and buy a new kit then, but if I see a deal on a used x-ray or something for a good price it lets me try out their competition and If I really like it I may not be back. A smart man once told me never let your customers try out your competitors because they may like it and never be your customer again.
IF you bought a 44.3 used a year ago for $250 and its worth $150 when the new car comes out it cost you $100 bux to own it . Hardly what I would call getting burned . Your saving $8.33 a month to sit out a whole year and NOT race the class. Doesn't seem worth the sit out to me ... This hurts the industry more than manufacturers releasing new product. Same thing with the T5m scenario . If you don't go crazy on upgrades what's the most you can lose ? $100 ? , $125? Both are certainly reasonable numbers spend to run a class for a year .