R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2016, 12:46 AM
Josh L
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattDub
I run a 16 on mine. Biggest thing is to use Tekin's new frequency option in the latest software. I have mine at 10k or 12k for both forward and brake. Torque is at 7. Huge improvement as it smooths out the throttle response and makes the throttle much more linear.
By frequency I assume you are talking about the PWM step values?
All the new hobbywing ESC's have this function as well, but oddly people complained about it being to soft with the XR8.
But not to take away from what you've said, I find it interesting how many have a high caliber race radio and never fully understand how to utilize what they offer when it comes to variable travel rates and delays.
I think most people just tool with end points and dual rates mostly, maybe a little expo here and there and rely on the rest from ESC programming.

Point to all this, if you really want to get the most from any ESC tooling with "punch" feel and smoothing out your travel rates, it can be had on the fly using a slider or rotation knob.
Having such a quick method of choosing your feel makes per track or time of the day tuning a breeze and brings life out of any ESC really.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.