R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2016, 10:20 AM
Alan_r
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cain
One heck of a vehicle and looking forward to your posts on it on the dex410v5 thread.

Things to watch for:

- Servo space is small for anything that is fatter than what is common. If the dimensions are fatter than say a Savox SC1258TG servo, you may have trouble with clearance and proper position of the servo horn. One of the futaba new high power servos won't fit because of this.

- wing mounts are week. put JB Weld on them to beef them up or spend the $$$ on the exotek ones. Unfortunately the mounts are only on a $$$ part tree so in the end, the high dollar exoteks may actually be a cheaper way to go in the long wrong if the JB weld trick doesn't work

- Watch the shock shafts. Some of them appear to have been overhardened and could snap at the threads in a crash. You can use the "gold' shafts that are slightly longer with a limiter in the shock body as they are very close in length and would be more durable. Also, get extra shock ends from Intech cheaper, no stupid part tree, and they fit fine to have spares as if you break the shock shaft at the thread, can't really get it back out easily

Outside of that I really didn't have any complaints, kit setup for carpet from what i recall (or close) was money. I also ran my ESC behind the motor similar to the dex210F.

I also went with exotek 12mm hexes all around and liked that a lot.
You weren't kidding about the price of that wing mount. Both DEX210 and 410 are like $28+. For that price there better be a little dude in the box that jumps out to install it before running back home to Exotek.....