R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Spektrum Radio DX6R
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 04:01 PM
suzukipro
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
Let me answer as best as possible as well as provide info for those that care to read.

First off- we have fixed software bugs as fast as possible. However, they also dont want to put a new release out all the time. So, often we wait until we have some significant items to post about. Given that info - A NEW RELEASE SHOULD EXIST BY NEXT WEEK!

This release will by nice and easy to do as it is now through the google play store. All you will do is go to the play store in your radio with wifi, type in dx6r and install the update. That update will now update your CP for you so you dont have to do all the different steps any longer. Super easy.

The release will fix every one of the reported bugs including the big one to most which is when things seem to get odd or start exhibiting issue in the software and we have to hit that model or CP reset button in the serial app. It also fixes the darn font finally in the APK so you can read it. It fixes other bugs as well and those will all be listed.

As for the mechanical items - those mentioned here being the charging base and the sd card cover. The charging base has been fixed and the latest batch does come with what we kindly refer to as the "claw". We are working to get a quantity of these in for CS to provide to those of you that are having issues with your base. Again, most wont but for those that are, they will be available. When I know that CS has them, I will let you all know.

In regards to the SD cover, yes, this little rubber cover is a bummer. We have been through so many revisions it would make you sick. We really WANT to get everything right for you. It is currently going through another revision. If this one if right, then I will let people know and get some for CS. I know it is not perfect, personally, I took mine off. Does this work for everyone, no, I certainly understand that. You paid your hard earned money for this and we will take care of you once we have a part that we feel is at least 99% right.

Other than these things, the radio really is working out very well for most. I picked up my dx4r pro the other day and while it is a great radio, now that I have gotten used to the touchscreen and what that allows me to do in a much easier manner, I am amazed. I never thought we would be able to make something easier to use than the 4r pro, well, I think we have. And it certainly is ergonomically wonderful.
Looking forward to seeing some of the software updates which should ease any concerns for those on the fence about it, mine has worked great for me the past few weeks. I am anxiously awaiting any update on different trigger options even if it was a cad file I could take and have 3D printed, very happy with this controller so far